About Me

My photo
Diving back into this amazing blogging world to keep you updated on our latest book or activity! Enjoy!!

Saturday, June 14, 2008

House Project & Road Trip...busy Saturday!

Today is Flag Day! After googling exactly what it is, I thought I would share! In the United States, Flag Day is celebrated on June 14. It commemorates the adoption of the flag of the United States, which happened that day by resolution of the Second Continental Congress in 1777. In 1916, President Woodrow Wilson issued a proclamation that officially established June 14 as Flag Day; in August 1949, National Flag Day was established by an Act of Congress.Enjoy a few flag pictures I took while in Pentwater this afternoon with Ry, Jess and Scott!

Our morning started off early, too early if you ask me! But we had a project that we have both been putting off for some time now. We had a section of cement toward the end of our driveway sinking.




So, Ry hit the cement with a sledge hammer, Oscar and I watched! I actually did hit the cement a few times but I was definitely not doing it correctly because the cement was not budging but Ry had fun watching me try as well as the passerbyers. Then Jeremy and Ry filled the hole with cement. Thank you Jermbo for helping!!!
Then it was off to Pentwater with Ry's sister and her husband. Thanks guys for thinking of a ride today as well as us! Last year we were informed of this great restaurant downtown Pentwater that serves GINORMOUS burgers. So Ry and I ate there last year on a bike trip and Scott and Jess wanted to go while we were there today.

Top picture is the Bear Burger and Cub Burger and the bottom one is the Wimpie (guess which one was mine?!?!)

After we were all stuffed we walked around for a bit...

Shopped a little...

And of course took advantage of the beautiful scenery!
This is a reflection of the sky from one of the stores downtown, it turned out better than I thought it would!This one was Ry's idea!! Great idea hon! I angled it b/c I always do but perfect view of the water tower.
Love this bike!!! I would definitely love to take Senior pictures or Engagement pictures in Pentwater...if you know of anybody in that area or if you would like to go, let me know!!!
The two above are the same picture. I was playing around with the shutter and it worked perfectly for both!
Ry being silly and posing for me!
I love how I caught the sun just right through the top of this tree, the star is amazing!Scott and Ry's motorcycles, yes we rode these up to Pentwater. Fun ride though minus the 4 large, wide load, monsterous trucks we followed on the back roads for quite a few miles..
Have a great rest of your weekend! Oh and Happy Father's Day to all of you Father's out there!

1 comment:

Remember When... said...

love the flag pictures as always...it looks like I need to go there:)