About Me

My photo
Diving back into this amazing blogging world to keep you updated on our latest book or activity! Enjoy!!

Thursday, December 4, 2008

The Perfect Gift!

Isn't this the season for giving? Well, I am feeling very generous and have decided to give 1 FREE session to a special family or person!~
You have until
Friday, December 12, 2008 at midnight
to leave me a post on this entry with your nominee !
I will post the winner by Sunday evening. It's going to take me a little bit to decide...I wish I could give away more than 1 free session...maybe I will....hmmm....
(If you want to stay anonymous or the nominee, that's fine just post using fake names).
If I choose your nominee, please e-mail me and we will go from there! :)

Also, you could nominate your boss, best friend, parents, sibling, or even your mail person...it could be because of the way your boss goes out of his/her way for you, or the way your mail person is always on time. There are so many deserving people out there that not only deserve a free session but a thank you and maybe even a hug!

This is the whole reason behind this contest, to get you thinking about others rather than yourself right now when we are all guilty of it, me too! There are so many Christmas parties coming up, so much to get done at work that it's hard to think about other people but I guarantee you, you will feel better about yourself if you stop for just one minute and nominate somebody for this wonderful gift!

******************
Ry and I took this picture last winter after one of the big snowfalls at a local park near our house!

Thank you all so much for following us on this fabulous journey!

4 comments:

Great flower lady said...

I have a nice friend her husband just lost his job to down sizing!! they are really struggling. They just have one little girl and shes 5 years old, they really could use a nice family Christmas photo.. thanks for reading...

Anonymous said...

LOVE the winter pictures!!! Gorgeous! My nominee is my friend/coworker Shawn. She is a sweetie and her husband hasnt worked in quite sometime but he is an awesome dad who stays home with their 2 kids, ages 3 1/2 and 2 1/2. We had our sons on the same day:) They lost their house early this year and really struggle financially. They do not have money for Christmas pictures and I couldnt tell you the last time I saw a picture of their kids. I have never seen a family picture and do not believe they have ever had one professionally taken. This is a great thing you are doing.. God bless you & Happy Holidays!

Anonymous said...

Jen what a great way to share the Christmas spirit! I'd like to nominate our MOPS table leader, Leanne. She goes out of her way to make every mom at our table feel special. Every time she calls to remind me of our group meeting she takes the time to chat and to even pray for me if needed. Leanne also leaves little surprises at our table so that we can take them home to enjoy. I'm so happy that she takes the time to make us all feel welcome.

Anonymous said...

There is a beautiful red-haired, bright blue-eyed baby girl and her family that I would like to nominate. This was not a surprised to God, but upon welcoming her into the world we learned she had been given an extra chromosome, happening at conception, resulting in Down syndrome. Before leaving the hospital they knew her future in the next few months would hold open heart surgery to repair her heart defect. She along with her young mommy and daddy has shown tremendous strength, courage, and bravery! Enduring extra hospital stays, feeding tubes, numerous Dr. visits the stress of having newborn heightened when caring for one with special needs they have overcome obstacles uncommon for the “typical” baby. Dad and mom turned her over to God as they placed her in the hands of the skilled surgeons who would operate on her tiny little heart. After hours which seemed like years, they rejoiced as the Dr.’s shared the surgery was a success. An overwhelming weight lifted off their shoulders. Seeing that tiny little 11 pound baby girl strapped to a recovery table with tubes and wires covering her little body brought tears to your eyes. If only we, as adults could have endured the pain for her. She’s a fighter and since has made huge strides of progress. She has a smile that will melt your heart and loves to coo and tell stories. Unfortunately she will continue to face challenges the rest of her life, but we will enjoy each and every milestone she reaches and enjoy taking life one day at a time with her. She is perfect, exactly the way God made her and we are blessed and will continue to be blessed to have her as a part of our family. I would love for you to capture the beauty of those big blue eyes and the joy she brings to her mommy and daddy as well as everyone who meets her. God is good all the time, ALL the time God is good! :o)