About Me

My photo
Diving back into this amazing blogging world to keep you updated on our latest book or activity! Enjoy!!

Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Anniversary Weekend!

When Ry proposed in August of 2004, I had to decide something right away...so we looked at the calendar for a possible wedding date. Neither one of us wanted it during the typical wedding season (we had gone to 4 weddings that summer!) so we thought Fall or Winter, we both knew Winter! December and February were out and so that left January. Well, he proposed August 22, so since January 22 fell on a Saturday! That's how we chose our wedding date! Even though it was 5 months to the day, we would not have wanted anymore time, we could have done without so much as is!

How did you decide your wedding date?


We decided to go away for the weekend to The Shack near White Cloud, MI. A good friend recommended it and I'm sooo glad she did! It was maybe an hour and 1/2 drive from our house but far enough away it felt like a vacation!

This is the lodge as you drive in the driveway, GORGEOUS! This is a bed & breakfast/lodge! The food was AMAZING and the owners were soo polite and caring!
It was a little chilly all weekend but made for great pics!!!

This was our room. You could get a yard view, lakeview or a hottub w/ or w/o fireplace. We went for the lakeview this time but definitely going to upgrade next time! The rooms are gorgeous! Some decor in the room...




The view from our window.

This is the dining hall. We tried to eat by the windows because the view is amazing but we were not always able to.Every night they serve banana splits to guests!
Half of the building was the dining and the other half was the lodging. It was nice to just walk down these stairs from our room for food!

We ventured out for a walk around the land in the morning on Saturday. The above is a picture of one of the other buildings for lodges, the ones with hottubs and fireplaces! Museum!

My dad loves snowmobiles, I had to take pictures of these for him!

Ry waiting for me to stop taking pictures! :)
Check out these old cameras! How cool are they?!?!


Check out my new coat and boots!! Love them BOTH!!! Happy cow!!

Timers on cameras are sooo nice! :) I absolutely loved these chairs!

This is from across the lake looking at the lodge! I was pouting about something, not sure what now though...

After lunch at the lodge, we went siteseeing! This is in Newaygo, small small town but soo cute!
I love cafes!!
This was probably one of the best Mochas I've had!
We then went to Hardy Dam. The above picture was taken on the bridge while driving across the dam! It is gorgeous, maybe I'm biased since I took the picture! :)
I have a few more pictures that I'll add but my computer ate them!

3 comments:

LaDonna said...

Looks like a very cozy place to stay. Glad you guys had fun!

Remember When... said...

You look like such an eskimo in your new coat:) Ryans a trooper for the gazing in the chair pictures which I am sure was your idea:)

Jennifer said...

Love the Hardy Dam picture. It looks like it's floating in the clouds.