Thank you for those that follow our blog and for commenting on the last post! With all of the fantastic feedback I have decided to keep one blog, for both personal and photography information. I hope you will continue to follow us on this journey!
I asked for your opinion because God has opened another door for us and I have been anxious to share this journey with all of you!! You may have noticed me talking about Little Man on twitter or Facebook lately. I am sure you are all wondering who I am referring to. Well, it's getting down to the wire and we could definitely use more prayers as well as support for this journey. It will also be easier for me to update everybody on the latest news on here...
Now, onto the news...we are going through the process of becoming foster parents! We started the paperwork in March, submitted the application in April and we are probably 3/4 of the way done already!
Throughout this last year, Ry and I have gotten to know the sweetest and most carefree little boy not knowing what God had planned for us. It has been amazing to see God's hand working in our lives especially over the last few months. We are currently only getting licensed for a little boy! He is being fostered by a good friend of mine's sister and her husband. We have been fortunate to get to know Little Man over the last few months a little bit better. It has been great getting to know another family as well and it'll be so nice for Little Man to know his foster family as he grows up with his forever family!
Yes, you read right...we are hoping to be his forever family!
They have to terminate the parental rights before he can be adopted. Either way, we will foster him as soon as we get our license. Once we get our license and he is able to be adopted, we will still have to foster him for awhile (probably 6 months or so) just so the state can determine if it's a good fit or not since he will not have been in our home for very long at that point.
There is actually a court date in June to finalize the termination of rights. Right now, I am not sure which way it will go. I do not know if his parents signed off or not, however I am planning on going to the courthouse and I pray that God's will be done. I know that God placed Little Man into his current foster family's lives, allowed us to get to know him over this last year and now for us to become his foster parents in the hopes of adopting him for a reason.
I am so anxious for all of you to meet him! Here are 2 of my favorite pictures of him!
I asked for your opinion because God has opened another door for us and I have been anxious to share this journey with all of you!! You may have noticed me talking about Little Man on twitter or Facebook lately. I am sure you are all wondering who I am referring to. Well, it's getting down to the wire and we could definitely use more prayers as well as support for this journey. It will also be easier for me to update everybody on the latest news on here...
Now, onto the news...we are going through the process of becoming foster parents! We started the paperwork in March, submitted the application in April and we are probably 3/4 of the way done already!
Throughout this last year, Ry and I have gotten to know the sweetest and most carefree little boy not knowing what God had planned for us. It has been amazing to see God's hand working in our lives especially over the last few months. We are currently only getting licensed for a little boy! He is being fostered by a good friend of mine's sister and her husband. We have been fortunate to get to know Little Man over the last few months a little bit better. It has been great getting to know another family as well and it'll be so nice for Little Man to know his foster family as he grows up with his forever family!
Yes, you read right...we are hoping to be his forever family!
They have to terminate the parental rights before he can be adopted. Either way, we will foster him as soon as we get our license. Once we get our license and he is able to be adopted, we will still have to foster him for awhile (probably 6 months or so) just so the state can determine if it's a good fit or not since he will not have been in our home for very long at that point.
There is actually a court date in June to finalize the termination of rights. Right now, I am not sure which way it will go. I do not know if his parents signed off or not, however I am planning on going to the courthouse and I pray that God's will be done. I know that God placed Little Man into his current foster family's lives, allowed us to get to know him over this last year and now for us to become his foster parents in the hopes of adopting him for a reason.
I am so anxious for all of you to meet him! Here are 2 of my favorite pictures of him!


7 comments:
So excited for you guys! Praying for you!
Love you,
Kim and Steven
So happy for you guys! We are praying God's will is your want!!!! Love you all! Little man is so adorable!
Hi Jenn and Ryan,
Great pics and you know both of you are in our prayers. We also want this to work out and as the foster grandparents of our Little Man, we could not hope for a better permanent home for him! We have watched him grow over the past year and it is amazing to see God working HIS plan in your lives!
Oh good for you!! I will be praying for you!!
I can't wait to meet him...in person:) A play date is needed. Your in our prayers!
Great post. You guys are going to be great parents! We're excited as well to see what God has planned!
Oh gosh, Jenn! I know we've already talked about this but it brings tears to my eyes to read about it again! I'm so happy for you and Ryan I can't even say how much! God bless you both and little man :)
Post a Comment