I was debating on how much of this I wanted to share with all of you for many reasons...for one, this was a huge decision for me to make and for another it's pretty private and to be honest I did not want you to think less of me.
However, I want all of you to know and for others to know as well. I am not ashamed in what I believe and nor am I going to pretend to be something I am not. I am not a perfect person, I believe that nobody is, however what I do believe is that Jesus Christ died on that cross to save me and you from our sins.
I asked Jesus into my heart on February 16, 2003. I grew up going to church when I was younger and then again in high school with friends however I do not recall learning about salvation until I was an adult. Even after I received Jesus into my heart, I still struggled with what I should be doing and not doing while becoming who I am today. Don't get me wrong, I still struggle today however I know now where I can lean when I am lost. We are all sinners, no matter the sin however Jesus died for our sins, big or small and He loves us all!
Beginning of August, I asked Ry's Grandpa is he would do a baptismal service this weekend. It worked out perfectly since there were other people in his church that wanted to also be baptized. Ry was baptized by his G'pa when he was younger and I wanted to be baptized by the same pastor. It was an amazing service to be a part of and I will never forget it!
Here are few pics from the afternoon!
However, I want all of you to know and for others to know as well. I am not ashamed in what I believe and nor am I going to pretend to be something I am not. I am not a perfect person, I believe that nobody is, however what I do believe is that Jesus Christ died on that cross to save me and you from our sins.
I asked Jesus into my heart on February 16, 2003. I grew up going to church when I was younger and then again in high school with friends however I do not recall learning about salvation until I was an adult. Even after I received Jesus into my heart, I still struggled with what I should be doing and not doing while becoming who I am today. Don't get me wrong, I still struggle today however I know now where I can lean when I am lost. We are all sinners, no matter the sin however Jesus died for our sins, big or small and He loves us all!
Beginning of August, I asked Ry's Grandpa is he would do a baptismal service this weekend. It worked out perfectly since there were other people in his church that wanted to also be baptized. Ry was baptized by his G'pa when he was younger and I wanted to be baptized by the same pastor. It was an amazing service to be a part of and I will never forget it!
Here are few pics from the afternoon!


I honestly was a bit nervous but only about being submerged..Once I realized that there is more behind just being submerged it's about why I chose to be baptized, I was completely trusting in God that this is where I was meant to be!





3 comments:
I think it's wonderful that you shared about your salvation and your baptism. It's scary sometimes to put yourself out there. And there are always going to be people who are offended by anything to do with Jesus, but it's awesome that you shared! :)
Good for you~ never be afraid to put it out there like that! I am proud of you~
So proud of you Jenn! Sorry we missed it! Love ya!
Kim and Steven
Post a Comment