Thursday, August 20, 2009, was a day I will never forget. As many of you know, Ry and I fell in love with a little boy last summer! Well, this last winter we decided to get our foster care license so we would be able to take care of him and then try to adopt him!
We are still not licensed, however yesterday at court, the judge ruled that all of his birth parents rights are terminated. It was a sad but glorious moment. I cannot imagine what his birth mom is going through, I do not know her whole story, however I do know that I am thankful to be his possible Forever Mommy! His deep brown eyes are just full of love and I cannot wait to see him grow up, hopefully not too quick though! :)
It was a very emotional morning yesterday. Luckily, his current foster mom (Stacy), her mom (Ellen) and sister (my good friend Steph) and I were all together. We were sitting in the court room before the hearing and Stacy asked if we could pray. After we bowed our heads and closed our eyes, I knew right there that God was in control. He brought all of us together for a reason, he allowed for Stacy and her husband Nate to say yes last summer to fostering this little boy with already having children of their own and God allowed our hearts to open up to this sweet carefree little boy! As soon as we all said Amen, I seriously felt like a huge burden had been lifted. It was simply amazing!
There is still a long road ahead but Ry and I as well as our friends and family are enjoying every minute we have to spend with C! The next step is for our license to open, hopefully in the next few weeks that will happen. Then he will transition to our home and we will start the adoption process which takes about 6 months!Enjoy this fabulous weekend and thank you ALL sooooooooo much for your prayers, thoughts, and questions along this wonderful journey!
We are still not licensed, however yesterday at court, the judge ruled that all of his birth parents rights are terminated. It was a sad but glorious moment. I cannot imagine what his birth mom is going through, I do not know her whole story, however I do know that I am thankful to be his possible Forever Mommy! His deep brown eyes are just full of love and I cannot wait to see him grow up, hopefully not too quick though! :)
It was a very emotional morning yesterday. Luckily, his current foster mom (Stacy), her mom (Ellen) and sister (my good friend Steph) and I were all together. We were sitting in the court room before the hearing and Stacy asked if we could pray. After we bowed our heads and closed our eyes, I knew right there that God was in control. He brought all of us together for a reason, he allowed for Stacy and her husband Nate to say yes last summer to fostering this little boy with already having children of their own and God allowed our hearts to open up to this sweet carefree little boy! As soon as we all said Amen, I seriously felt like a huge burden had been lifted. It was simply amazing!
There is still a long road ahead but Ry and I as well as our friends and family are enjoying every minute we have to spend with C! The next step is for our license to open, hopefully in the next few weeks that will happen. Then he will transition to our home and we will start the adoption process which takes about 6 months!Enjoy this fabulous weekend and thank you ALL sooooooooo much for your prayers, thoughts, and questions along this wonderful journey!
4 comments:
I am so glad that this journey you are taking is working out in your favor. This little boy deserves you. :) And what a great Family Picture! XOXO I'll keep praying for you and that God's plan is for you to be C's mom forever.
this made me tear up, so happy for you and C
I just stumbled upon your blog via Kelly Braman's and I want to say I pray and hope you do get to raise this little boy. What an awesome story. Much blessings.
So glad to hear. You made me tear up. I hope your wonderful journey continues!
Post a Comment