To be completely honest, being a mom is definitely not as easy as I thought it was. I have always adored children and have always wanted children of my own however having a child of your own is not the same as a friend's child or a relative. You obviously love your own child more and also forget sometimes how you use to feel. By that I mean that you might focus too much on trying to be a good mom and not so much on just being a mom. That's at least how I have felt off and on this last week and half!
Since last Spring, we knew in our hearts that we were meant to be Cardale's Forever Family! I knew it would be a challenge, especially for me since I am a woman and we tend to think too much! Admit it, you do too sometimes! :) It's one thing to have a baby and you read all sorts of books and get prepared but when you have an almost 2 year old move into his Forever home, with parents that don't know every detail, that's a challenge! Like, is it okay for him to drink whole milk or should he drink 2%? I found out he should be drinking 2%! Should I dilute apple juice or not? Still undecided about that one...what do you think?
I have also had to get all of his Dr's information transferred to Dr's in our hometown (thanks to his prior foster mom for helping me so much!) and all at the same time figure out a routine for us!
It has been a challenge but like every other situation in life, I've learned to take it all one day at a time and appreciate every minute. I am thankful for our friends and families that are there for us and are helping us along the way!
God has granted me many resources and the two I've been leaning on the most is the Bible and prayer. There are days especially now that he is not sure why he is still at our house that are going to be a struggle but we will someday have a bond and he will understand that he has been loved so much his entire life by a great family and will continue to be loved by them as well as us and our friends and family!
Here are some pictures from my first weekend last summer of meeting Cardale at his prior foster family's home and their 2 children who I am sure miss Cardale as much as he misses them.
Since last Spring, we knew in our hearts that we were meant to be Cardale's Forever Family! I knew it would be a challenge, especially for me since I am a woman and we tend to think too much! Admit it, you do too sometimes! :) It's one thing to have a baby and you read all sorts of books and get prepared but when you have an almost 2 year old move into his Forever home, with parents that don't know every detail, that's a challenge! Like, is it okay for him to drink whole milk or should he drink 2%? I found out he should be drinking 2%! Should I dilute apple juice or not? Still undecided about that one...what do you think?
I have also had to get all of his Dr's information transferred to Dr's in our hometown (thanks to his prior foster mom for helping me so much!) and all at the same time figure out a routine for us!
It has been a challenge but like every other situation in life, I've learned to take it all one day at a time and appreciate every minute. I am thankful for our friends and families that are there for us and are helping us along the way!
God has granted me many resources and the two I've been leaning on the most is the Bible and prayer. There are days especially now that he is not sure why he is still at our house that are going to be a struggle but we will someday have a bond and he will understand that he has been loved so much his entire life by a great family and will continue to be loved by them as well as us and our friends and family!
Here are some pictures from my first weekend last summer of meeting Cardale at his prior foster family's home and their 2 children who I am sure miss Cardale as much as he misses them.


I took Cardale to his first appointment with his new Dr this morning! He is 35 inches tall and weighs 27 pounds. He is in the 90-97 percentile for his height and 50-75 for his weight...still learning what that means! :) The Dr's office was so nice and definitely took the time with us and my questions.
I also have loved seeing people's interest for foster care open up when they hear our story! There are a lot of children, even in your area, that need a home. There are some great agencies that can answer your questions, if you are interested, feel free to contact me...I love to chat about all of this!

1 comment:
Yay for being his mom! You are going to be a great mom, whether you always feel like it or not! I'm so excited for you guys and it's so encouraging seeing how much he's bonded with you already!
Post a Comment