About Me

My photo
Diving back into this amazing blogging world to keep you updated on our latest book or activity! Enjoy!!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

The Reason Why

I don't know if it's the busyness of this time of year, with photography and our personal lives but I've been in a slump and I cannot put my finger on where this all started. I thought maybe I was struggling with my relationship with Jesus, so I've been getting more involved in church and reading the Bible more often. I love our Sunday school class and also the Wednesday night class I'm attending now. I've met new friends and grown with others as well!

I thought maybe it was the items around the house I seem to never have time to get to... I know that it is never going to be as clean or organized as I'd like it, and I'm okay with that for the most part...I have gotten better at keeping it "clean." I love having friends & family just stop by for no reason to visit (which happens more often now with having children), so instead of throwing everything in our bedroom and shutting the door (you wondered what I was doing when I don't answer the door didn't you?!), I am working on keeping the door open and not worrying about what people think, no really I'm trying to keep the house picked up better! I know I'll get better at vacuuming every week once Abe starts crawling, I hope! :) But I also know that's it is lived in and we are all happy! I am trying really hard to fold the laundry and put it away as soon as it's done drying, for those of you that know me very well know that this is something that is going to take a long time to break! :)

I also feel like it could be that I feel stuck with where I am in my photography business. I want to grow but I don't because I do not have time to edit what I am already working on. I do not feel that I have time to even update my website with current pictures or this lovely blog. I love to have a camera in my hands but I find myself leaving it behind more often these days when we are together as a family, I see opportunities to capture God's beauty but it's like I don't have the energy to be creative for myself anymore. I do not blog stalk anymore either, well not as often! I see so many wonderful photographers growing and growing. They post on FB about how they are booked for 2012 already...a bit jealous you ask, why yes I am but that's my fault! I am not advertising, I don't offer amazing deals and I have not gone out of my way to grow like they have.

With all of that said, I love my Jesus, our house, photography and of course my family and friends! So, I signed up for HER Conference, hoping to renew my love for photography! I clean 1 room a day and pick up things when I'm done, and I also only have 2 laundry baskets with clothes to fold (as of this very second)!

Please pray for wisdom with where Jesus wants me to be with all of the above and also patience!

You all rock and I know that God is good all of the time!!!

Sorry no pictures, this post is all about my ramblings! Man did that feel good!!!

Have a great Wednesday! Off to make dinner then church!!!

XOXO
Jenn

My first year of shooting weddings was last year (2010). It was wonderful but with working full time, having a baby this year and with my other portrait sessions I chose to only take on 1 wedding in 2011. I miss being the photographer capturing such an amazing day and I also miss being the 2nd photographer but I love my weekends with our family and friends also.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Praying for ya, friend!