Happy Wednesday morning!
If you follow me on Facebook, then you know that the Wednesday night class I attend at our church just started Bad Girls of the Bible by Liz Curtis Higgs. We decided to study this book for a couple of reasons. I, for one, have been feeling the stresses of everyday life and definitely need some guidance and reassurance. And also Liz will be speaking at a local ministry this summer! So, we all agreed and are now going to be going over chapter 3 tonight!
Well, I had mentioned on my status about 3 weeks ago, that I'd be trying to do some sort of study on FB for all of my friends. That has yet to happen! I think I was just scared to post things on there. I am a Christian and definitely proud to have Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, however I am by no means a "perfect" Christian. But then again, isn't that why Jesus is my Savior? He is perfect!
Yeah, I woke up thinking about that this morning.
It was reassuring to me knowing that on my birthday, 9 years ago this year, I asked Jesus to come into my heart and save me from my sins. My sins! I don't think I was or am a terrible person, however we all sin. Rather it's lieing or gossiping or much worse! I grew up in a good house, just not a Christian house. I remember going to church as a child and being in a Christmas program and being the only 3 or 4 year old that had memorized my lines! I remember my parents being so proud of me! I also remember going to Wednesday night church with some friends, remember that Abbie?! And I also went to church in high school a few times. What I do not remember, is hearing about Jesus. Him dieing on the cross to save me from my sins. I pray that my family and friends have heard about Jesus by now, it'll be one awesome party in Heaven one day!
But that's the amazing thing about Jesus, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
Jesus can save you too! All you need to do is say the prayer of salvation! (I'm taking a HUGE step by writing all of this, so I'm praying that I'm working it all right and can reach at least 1 person! If you are that 1 person and have accepted Jesus into your life, please contact me and I'd love to direct you to somebody who can help you get your Christian life started!).
"If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9 NIV
With all of that said, chapter 1 of Bad Girls, reminded me that "women are physical, emotional, and spiritual in nature, and all three areas have their weak spots." page 39. The serpent knew this and he went for those weak spots with Eve. Just like he does with all of us now!
Also, when we do sin, we need to not play the blame game. "God gave us his Spirit to empower us, his Word to strengthen us, and his Son to catch us when we fall." page 40
That's why God sent his only son to save us from our sins, so we'd be forgiven. Ask for forgiveness and move on...it's kind of like when we discipline our children. I know there's a million ways to discipline your children, but what works for us is we talk to Del about what he did, discipline him and move on. For one, he usually has already moved on and for another, why keep bringing up the past?
What WWhat did you learn from the story of Eve?
I'll post about chapter 2 tonight and 3 in a couple of days...
If you follow me on Facebook, then you know that the Wednesday night class I attend at our church just started Bad Girls of the Bible by Liz Curtis Higgs. We decided to study this book for a couple of reasons. I, for one, have been feeling the stresses of everyday life and definitely need some guidance and reassurance. And also Liz will be speaking at a local ministry this summer! So, we all agreed and are now going to be going over chapter 3 tonight!
Well, I had mentioned on my status about 3 weeks ago, that I'd be trying to do some sort of study on FB for all of my friends. That has yet to happen! I think I was just scared to post things on there. I am a Christian and definitely proud to have Jesus Christ as my Lord and Savior, however I am by no means a "perfect" Christian. But then again, isn't that why Jesus is my Savior? He is perfect!
Yeah, I woke up thinking about that this morning.
It was reassuring to me knowing that on my birthday, 9 years ago this year, I asked Jesus to come into my heart and save me from my sins. My sins! I don't think I was or am a terrible person, however we all sin. Rather it's lieing or gossiping or much worse! I grew up in a good house, just not a Christian house. I remember going to church as a child and being in a Christmas program and being the only 3 or 4 year old that had memorized my lines! I remember my parents being so proud of me! I also remember going to Wednesday night church with some friends, remember that Abbie?! And I also went to church in high school a few times. What I do not remember, is hearing about Jesus. Him dieing on the cross to save me from my sins. I pray that my family and friends have heard about Jesus by now, it'll be one awesome party in Heaven one day!
But that's the amazing thing about Jesus, "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life." John 3:16
Jesus can save you too! All you need to do is say the prayer of salvation! (I'm taking a HUGE step by writing all of this, so I'm praying that I'm working it all right and can reach at least 1 person! If you are that 1 person and have accepted Jesus into your life, please contact me and I'd love to direct you to somebody who can help you get your Christian life started!).
"If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9 NIV
With all of that said, chapter 1 of Bad Girls, reminded me that "women are physical, emotional, and spiritual in nature, and all three areas have their weak spots." page 39. The serpent knew this and he went for those weak spots with Eve. Just like he does with all of us now!
Also, when we do sin, we need to not play the blame game. "God gave us his Spirit to empower us, his Word to strengthen us, and his Son to catch us when we fall." page 40
That's why God sent his only son to save us from our sins, so we'd be forgiven. Ask for forgiveness and move on...it's kind of like when we discipline our children. I know there's a million ways to discipline your children, but what works for us is we talk to Del about what he did, discipline him and move on. For one, he usually has already moved on and for another, why keep bringing up the past?
What WWhat did you learn from the story of Eve?
I'll post about chapter 2 tonight and 3 in a couple of days...
No comments:
Post a Comment