About Me

My photo
Diving back into this amazing blogging world to keep you updated on our latest book or activity! Enjoy!!

Friday, April 6, 2012

Bored To Distraction

Potiphar's Wife - that's what this chapter is about from Bad Girls of the Bible.

Are you familiar with Mrs. P? She is the woman that lied about Joseph sleeping with her.

"She called her household servants. "Look," she said to them, "this Hebrew has been brought to us to make sport of us! He came in here to sleep with me, but I screamed." Genesis 39:14

Joseph was determined to honor God which helped him to avoid the wicked ways of Potiphar's wife. Mr. P gave priority to his work rather than to his relationship with his wife, not that I'm justifying Mr. P or Mrs. P, just stating some facts.

Philippians 4:8 encourages us to replace those things that are unholy with things that are good. What sort of positive additions might you make in your life to purify your thoughts and actions?

"Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things." Philippians 4:8

Mr. P believed Joseph over his wife, however he couldn't kill a man he knew in his heart to be innocent.

"Joseph’s master took him and put him in prison, the place where the king’s prisoners were confined." Genesis 39:20

A few things we can learn from Mrs. P, stay on your toes. Temptation is always right around the corner. Surround yourself with support. If you travel a lot, carry along a photo of your spouse!

Most importantly, remember that God is forgiving and always loving! As we come closer to celebrating Easter, I am so, so thankful that I know that when I die, I'm going to Heaven! Where there is no sickness, blindness.

I pray everyday for my family and friends that may not have asked Jesus in their hearts yet that they will! It's scary, I totally understand that! I know that if we all had the faith that Joseph had in God, we would have a much better outcome.

Just like Joseph, we would have trials to go through, but we would have much stronger faith in the end and with God on our side, He will provide.

I think of a verse often:

"He says, “Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth.” Psalm 46:10

I wish for all of you to have a Happy Easter!!!

No comments: