Ry and I ventured into Canada this last weekend for a funfilled weekend. Ry had never been to Niagara Falls (he's ridden his motorcycle through the area a few times but has never stopped), so we decided to go on a mini road trip just the two of us. It was absolutely breathtaking! It's just amazing to see something that was not manmade but God made! Here are just a FEW of my favorites! I will post the very last day later on tonight..
Oscar went to a friend of ours house for the weekend. Thank you Nathan for watching Oscar for us! Oscar was definitely exhausted from having 3 kids and another dog to play with all weekend!
We made it!!!! This is definitely a trip you could make in 2 days, drivng there and then back the next. But we decided to take our time and leave 1/2 day earlier.
This is the view from our room! It wasn't Fallsview but it was so much better than what it was suppose to be!
This is their parking meters. Luckily, we never drove our car as soon as we checked into our hotel. We definitely did a lot of walking though! But it was so much easier to walk than to drive!!!
This is me carrying all of our camera gear! I didn't carry it for very long though...way TOO heavy!!! Thanks hon for being so great!!
We couldn't wait to take pictures, so as soon as we got there we started walking. This is one of 2 ways to get down to the Falls from Canada side.
This is looking down at the Falls from the Sky Tower! After we had checked in, this nice lady approached us and asked if we were just checking in. I said yes. She said would you like to use these free tickets, we are leaving today. I asked if she was sure and she said of course! We both thanked her and was completely taken back by how nice she was. It's not very often people are nice like that so we were both completely taken off guard. So we got to go up the Sky Tower for FREE!!! Thank you to whomever you are!
This is the American Falls and their lookout tower.
On our way up in the elevator we saw a rainbow!
This is Canadian Falls or The Horseshoe Falls.
Me and Ry! I love love this picture!!! It's a reflection from where we were looking out at the scenery from the tower!
You could ride in a ferry right up close to the falls, NO THANKS! We couldn't bring our cameras b/c you got completely soaked, so we decided to not go.
Washrooms are restrooms...the first time I saw this I was confused but then saw the typical woman/man sign. :)
On the American side you could walk way down close to the Falls. But you also got soaked here, that's why they are all wearing yellow raincoats.
The lights came from the building that was in the picture a few above with the skytower.
This is the same bridge from the beginning but we love to take pictures with a slow shutterspeed and capture all light!!!
We decided to wake up and try to capture the sunrise over the falls. We were not sure how breathtaking it was going to be considering it rained the night before, but it was worth getting up at 5:00 am!

You have to look closely at this picture...on the bottom right hand side just above the tree line is lightning! I was sooo happy when we were going through these and Ry noticed it! It took sooo many shots for me to try to capture the lightning but atleast I ended up capturing it, even if you can't blink or you'll miss it.. :)
This is us driving closer to the border of Michigan and the storm we drove through behind us.
The poor truckers were lined up for miles before we even got to the bridge...

Welcome back!
Ry was determined to make it a certain amount of miles on the tank of gas, he made it but I honestly thought one of us was walking to the gas station and I called not it. :))
This is Oscar after we picked him up, he was quite exhausted!















1 comment:
Love all the pictures of the falls. We went a few years back but of course I didn't take my camera. I kind of regret that. Love the night time one's!! Great job
Post a Comment