About Me

My photo
Diving back into this amazing blogging world to keep you updated on our latest book or activity! Enjoy!!

Thursday, October 9, 2008

World Dairy Expo 2008

I was able to take some time off from work to join Ry while he was working at World Dairy Expo 2008 in Madison, WI, this last week. The show itself was from September 30-October 4, from 9-5 everyday. I have actually gone with him to this trade show for probably the last 3 years. He is out of town quite a bit for work for things like this or for demo's for the equipment the company he works for makes. So, when I can join him, I usually do. Plus a family I use to babysit for moved just north of Madison years ago, so I usually get to visit with them.
We tried so hard this year to make it a vacation for us, but after being at the show from 7:30 or 7:45 everyday until maybe 6:00 at night, then having dinner, we were exhausted by the time we got back to the hotel that we just tried to make the most of each day.
The weather was actually VERY cold until Friday. It was probably high 50's low 60's but windy and no sun. However, we got to eat at some interesting restaurants and I got to walk around and take pictures, so I enjoyed myself!
Here are a few pictures from the week...
This is their booth at the show. I was inside the blue tent when I was not walking around!
This is my honey talking to some customers.
The next few pictures are our neighbors at the show.
There were 2 calves in a tent nearby, they were sooo cute!! The main breed was actually from France, they are Normande breed.
Everyday of the show, there was showing. I just happened to be in there for the end of one so I stayed to watch a new one start. There were some farmers behind me talking about this one particular cow that had won in her class for quite a few years that was showing at that moment.
This is the cow, Snickerdoodle. Apparently, she has won quite a few or placed 2nd. She actually won the one I watched.
This one came in 2nd, not sure on her name.
This is the Coliseum. This is where the showing takes place and there are exhibits all over too!
Just a scooter outside the Coliseum, had to take a picture.
We were outside in the parking lot and this is a picture of the parking lot with the exhibit building on the right.
There were honestly sooo many different countries represented at this show. I cannot tell you how many different languages I heard or tried to help with questions they had. It was TONS of fun!

No comments: