About Me

My photo
Diving back into this amazing blogging world to keep you updated on our latest book or activity! Enjoy!!

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Jenifer + Erik=GORGEOUS

This has been a busy wedding season! Love is definitely in the air! I love weddings for so many reasons...especially the ones where the couple has put a lot of preparation into the day, even if they are simple preparations, they are from the couple and that is what counts!

I am going to sidetrack a minute...Each wedding I help at, is one wedding closer to me booking my own...if only I would say yes. I think honestly I am scared to be the one in charge of capturing exactly what the bride and groom are envisioning! That's a HUGE responsibility! However, you get to meet so many couples that usually become really good friends. Plus I love to capture the love between the couples and also their friends and family! I also feel like I am not good enough yet. I think I have had enough 2nd shooting opportunities however with the LACK of comments on my blog, I feel like I have a lot to improve on yet...so to change that, YOU could leave me a positive comment (otherwise it wouldn't be very helpful now would it!?!?) and maybe just maybe I'll start feeling more positive about my work!

On June 13, 2009, Stacy had asked me to help her capture Jenifer + Erik's wedding day! What a fabulous couple, family and friends! These two are absolutely ADORABLE! They got married in Ionia at SS Peter & Paul Catholic Church. After the ceremony and pictures, this couple rode off to the reception in style (pics below) and headed to the bride's parents house for a white tent reception.
What a great day! Thank you so much Stacy for asking me to help!

Church reflection!
Ring shot, check out the bling!You may recognize this stairwell from a wedding earlier this year, fabulous for pictures!
The bride + groom chose to not do a First Look, love moments like this and I love how you see Jenifer at the bottom with Erik smiling at his beautiful bride!

One of my absolute FAV'S!!
Stacy and I get to capture this lovely couple's wedding in September, it's going to be a fabulous wedding!

Check out their ride from the church to reception, nice huh?!?!


Another fav...barely edited! Gorgeous blue clouds!

I feel honored to do what I love and am wondering what the next step is going to be for me and when...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Jenn, you do a wonderful job 2nd shooting, you could easily pull off a wedding all on your own. You're so thorough and in tune to what's going on, you definitely catch the little moments that most people might overlook. I love the one where you're looking straight on in front of them in the car where they're looking away. Very cool! Have confidence in your beautiful work, you deserve it!

Anonymous said...

Jenn,
Your work is beautiful! I say go for it. You seem to be able to catch those "special" moments which I think mean the most.

Anonymous said...

Very nice pics!! I love the one of the bride and groom with the blue sky in the background!! Awesome shot!

JL Photography said...

Beautiful Jenn_
I love the church stairwell shot! Jump into those weddings on your own. You might suprise yourself! And they are tons of fun!

Remember When... said...

Jenn-You know I think you should book your own wedding and I will be the second shooter:) I wouldn't ask you to help me if I didn't think you were great:) The feeling you feel now is exactly how I felt when I was about to go out on my own photography full time. One thing that Joe told me is you just need to trust. You will never be able to feel the complete securtity unless you take the leap and trust. If you are always sitting in the boat you will never know how the outside of it feels unless you get in the water! Take the leap!