About Me

My photo
Diving back into this amazing blogging world to keep you updated on our latest book or activity! Enjoy!!

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Chiiiiiiiiiicaaaago!

It has been an amazing 5 years of marriage...each year we go away for the weekend to celebrate our anniversary. This year I talked Ry into taking the train to Chicago! How awesome was that!! I definitely recommend taking the train! It took just about the same amount of time but it was soooo cheap and so much easier!
We stayed at Blackstone Renaissance across from Grant Park. The entire hotel was amazing and everybody was so helpful and polite! I know they are suppose to be but they actually seemed genuine about it. This is what we saw as we walked into our room.
This is the rest of the room. The decor was amazing, if you know me you know I LOVE red!
A view of the city from the mirror on the wall.
Anybody thirsty?!? Not worth $5 for a bottle of water! YIKES!
The bathroom...amazing!

Totally going to frame this and put it somewhere in our house!
I am completely in love with Mary Kay products right now and I had to take a picture of my makeup bag from Mary Kay...LOVE IT and totally recommend it!
After we checked into our hotel and got ready to go explore the city, we wandered around our hotel and found this old letter box. As we went to each floor, we saw more of it. It was pretty neat!
A red couch...how could I resist!

The lobby of our hotel!
Ry waiting for me to stop taking pictures...he waited awhile! :)
More of the lobby!
We ventured through what I think is Grant Park first. We had more fun with just wandering around and taking pictures then doing the tourist stuff.
Lovin the light!
It was amazing to see the city from so many different angles...
The tunnels were so convenient to walk through rather than crossing through traffic!


One of my favorites!!
Lake Michigan was amazing, a little creepy how just the top was frozen but just standing there watching the water move was breathtaking! This is looking from the planetarium side toward Navy Pier.
This is Ry setting up his camera on the tripod..isn't he a hottie?!?!
Definitely printing this one too!!!
And this one!!!
Our hotel is the 4th building from the left before the Willis Tower (previously known as Sears Tower)! We only saw the Willis Tower on Thursday, it was too foggy/cloudy the rest of the weekend.

Setting up again..

There was something going on at Shedd's Aquarium...there were limos everywhere!

As we were walking around, I saw this bike in the snow. I thought it was pretty neat..In the elevator, thawing from our few hour walk!

If you are interested in any of these pictures, they are available for purchase! I'll be putting some of my favorites on our website under Stock Photography as well.

Day 2 & 3 coming soon...

3 comments:

Kim said...

Yeah Jenn! I am so excited to see more. It looks like you guys had a great time. Love the pictures1 I think my favorite is the one with the big floating ice chunks! Love it!

ashley folkema said...

Looks like you guys had a wonderful time!

DeMaster Family said...

You got some great pictures!