About Me

My photo
Diving back into this amazing blogging world to keep you updated on our latest book or activity! Enjoy!!

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Day 2 of Chicago

Friday morning we woke up to a text from my MIL (mother in law) around 5:00 am Chicago time! Luckily, it woke me up because we were hoping to wake up and capture the sunrise shining on the skyline and we forgot to set the alarm! We decided to walk back out to Alders Planetarium. The above picture is one Ry took, he was playing around with a long shutter...the streaks are the lights from cars whizzing by!
We didn't walk out as far as we did Thursday night but it was far enough to realize that it was going to be a cloudy/foggy day in Chi town, so we started wandering back. We walked near Soldier Field (above picture).
I was obsessed with these docks! :)
I absolutely LOVE reflections!
Soldier Field was amazing and I absolutely LOVED everything about it! Hopefully someday I'll go to a game, a real game...yeah, I admit it, I've never been to a baseball/football/basketball game other than high school players. Maybe that should be a goal for 2010! Anybody wanna go with?! And if so, what team should I root for?

I absolutely love when a light bulb goes off when I have a camera in hand...the picture above was taken across the street. :)

This is where I was standing! :)

Another fav...I really really wanted to get on the tracks but thought that might be a little dangerous...but I will capture that vision someday somewhere safely!
Oh look it there...another reflection! :)
We both really enjoyed just wandering around, we were bummed there was no actual sunrise it all of a sudden was daylight but it was still a fabulous time. We wandered til we found somewhere to eat. Isn't this such a cute neighborhood!?! I'm certain I've seen this area in a movie but then again I'm not so good at remembering things like that.
Mmmmm food! And the coffee...DELICIOUS!


Another reflection!

Can somebody PLEASE tell me if this is Buckingham Fountain? We never found it and this is what I thought it was but there was no sign explaining it...

After we made it back to our hotel, we decided to wander around...this is the Crystal Ballroom!

Ry did an amazing job on the picture above, to me it reminds me of a cartoon!
Letter box!

After snoozing from waking up at 5 and our 5+ hour walk, we walked to Navy Pier!
I absolutely loved Millennium Park!

These signs were everywhere!See, I told you it was cloudy.Isn't Ry ammmmmmmmmmazing!?

As we walked to Navy Pier, we stopped to chat with a homeless guy selling magazines. He knew his cameras let me tell you!


I love being silly!
I honestly didn't think that the Ferris Wheel would be running...it was! But I'm so glad we paid the $6 each to go on a 7 minute ride!
Do I look scared?!?! I was! I had to move from my bench to Ry's to get a better background...eek!



As soon as I got use to it, it was time to move along.


After we left Navy Pier, we wandered down Michigan to find Giordanos. I must say it was much better then Lou Malnati's..they were both very good!
Then we wandered back to the hotel! What a fabulous city!


Perfection!!!!!
I apologize for the lack of posting! It's been a busy week with work and photography so hopefully I'll figure out a better solution to organizing it all and keep you all updated more often!
Have a great rest of your Thursday!

2 comments:

Kim said...

Yeah! I have been waiting! Amazing pictures Jenn. Sorry but I don't know what fountain it is! :)

ej said...

teams to root for in Chicago
White Sox, Bears, Bulls & Blackhawks
gotta do the real game sometime...nice pics