About Me

My photo
Diving back into this amazing blogging world to keep you updated on our latest book or activity! Enjoy!!

Monday, December 6, 2010

Our son's 3rd birthday & Updates on Us

Pictures are here!!!
We were able to celebrate with the family that is the reason we have our son recently for his birthday. We are very thankful that as our son grows up, he will be able to have that connection with this family!
Stacy made this cake for Cardale! I'm so glad she is so creative and so good at making cakes! Last year she made him an Elmo cake!!
As most of you remember, this family loved our God so much that they listened to His guidance and lovingly took our son into their home and family! A good friend of mine just happened to be sisters to our son's Foster Mom. It's amazing looking back over the last 3 years to see every step of the way that God was with us and guiding us down this path!

This last weekend, we celebrated our son's birthday with our immediate family's. I took his birthday off from work and it was amazing spending so much time with our son on his birthday! The first time I cried that day was when our son told me "Mom, I'm glad you are spending today with me!" I immediately started crying. He was so worried about me crying, he thought something was wrong. I told him that I am just very happy that we are his parents and I am very glad I am spending the day with him!
We had Trix for breakfast and he had a sucker for the rest of his breakfast! He asked several times if he could really have the sucker. I told him yes each time but he didn't believe me since he normally doesn't get candy in the morning! :)

I have found myself praying more and more with and over our son. I'll check on him before we go to bed and I'll pray for him again. He is definitely one of God's children and we are so honored to be his parents. He is going to be the best big brother and he is so excited to hold the baby!

He is doing much better at the potty training situation! He has been going to the bathroom on the toilet since June of 2009. He has been dry overnight off and on since then as well. He was doing really good for awhile on staying dry and he would tell us when he had to go to the bathroom when we were not at home! :)
Most recently, we tried Pull-Ups again and they seem to be helping! He calls them his underwear just like Daddy. That's kind of hard to explain! :) Either way, he seems to be catching on and we are loving it!

He has a Dr's appointment today but a couple of weeks ago I had to take him in for a lingering cold/cough and he weighs 35 pounds and is still very very tall! He has been wearing 3T pants and shirts since end of summer. I was trying to get more wear out of some shirts but the sleeves were getting too short!

I had a Baby appointment Wednesday and everything's going great! I'm measuring right on and the heartbeat was 145! The ultrasound and other labs came back perfectly fine!! I've been fortunate in being able to continue practicing Yoga, luckily my teacher is amazing and is helping me to modify certain poses. I unfortunately cannot kick up into a head stand anymore, but the fact that I could before is good enough for me! It's amazing what pregnancy does to you and your body, you definitely have to take good care of yourself for you and your baby's sake. I am clumsy anyways but it's definitely gotten worse! :)

I have 3 sessions booked between now and the rest of the year and I am not taking anymore clients until January. It's just that time of year!

Enjoy!
~Jenn~

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

God has been so good to both of our families- I'm so glad we get to watch him grow up! And I still tell everyone that I have three nephews =)

DeMaster Family said...

Can I buy a couple of these pictures? The Julia sandwich picture is hilarious. We are so thankful we can be involved with your family!